Bhasma is a substance obtained by calcination
Bhasma (residue after incineration – calcined preparation) and pishti (powdered gem or metal) are used with herbs for the treatment of critical ailments as a medicinal preparation in Ayurveda and to some extent Unani (both Indian branches of medical science using natural curative methods). The procedures for preparing these medicines are time-consuming and complicated.
Bhasma is a calcined preparation in which the gem or metal is converted into ash. Gems or metals are purified to remove impurities and treated by triturating and macerating in herbal extracts. The dough so obtained is calcinated to obtain the ashes and result in:
- Elimination of harmful matters from the drug.
- Modification of undesirable physical properties of the drug.
- Conversion of some of the characteristics of the drug.
- Enhancement of the therapeutic action.
Kottakkal USA Bhasmas
- Abhrabhasmam Capsule – diabetes, urinary diseases, sexual debility, anemia.
- Annabhedisinduram Capsule – dizziness, anemia, and digestive issues.
- Kalyanaksharam – indigestion, acid dyspepsia, habitual constipation
- Kantasinduram - anemia, dyspepsia, irregular menstruation.
- Lohasinduram - anemia, faintness, palpitation, weak heart, obesity
- Pravalabhasmam – cough, asthma, bleeding disorders.
- Sankhabhasmam - indigestion, acidity, gastric or duodenal ulcers.
- Swarnabhasmam – skin diseases, anemia, energizes the mind
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Kottakkal Ayurveda products and this information is not intended for use in the diagnosis, treatment, cure or prevention of any disease. If you have serious, acute or chronic health problems, please consult a trained health professional. If you are seeking the medical advice of a trained Ayurvedic practitioner or doctor, call (800) 215-9934 or email us at email@example.com and we will connect you with one of our affiliated Ayurvedic professionals. Check with your doctor before taking herbs when pregnant or nursing.