Gulikas and vatikas are produced by grinding the raw materials into a fine paste, they are then formed into pills or tablets. Some gulikas and vatikas are available in pill form and packaged as 100 loose pills per container, and others are in tablet form and packaged as 100 tablets in a 10x10 blister pack.
Pills for internal use may be mixed with lukewarm water or any other prescribed liquid substance as directed by an Ayurvedic Doctor. For the highest efficacy, they are best before three years from the date of manufacturing. Some gulikas and vatikas contain bhasmas which extends the best before date to five years from the date of manufacturing.
Popular Gulikas and Vatikas
- Agnikumararasam Gulika(tablets) – useful for gastritis, strengthen digestion, indigestion, infectious fever, rhinitis, myalgia, polyarthritis.
- Chandraprabha Vatika(tablets) – useful aphrodisiac, antimicrobial, antiaging, constipation, eczema, eye infection, eczema, urinary tract infections, respiratory diseases, difficulty urinating, urinary calculi, dermatitis, liver and spleen disorders.
- Dhanwantaram Gulika(tablets) - useful in asthma, dyspnea, hiccough, cough.
- Hingwadi Gulika(pills) – useful for dyspepsia, loss of appetite and all digestive disorders.
- Kaisora Guggulu Vatika(tablets) – useful for healthy joints, blood detoxifier, skin disorders with secretions, fever, abdominal bloating, gaseous distention, gulma, gout, improves strength and immunity, antiaging, urinary disorders and diabetes.
- Kanchanara Guggulu(tablets) – Useful for goiter (nodules of the neck), tumors and extra growths, useful in herbal wound healing, skin diseases, sinuses, and fistula.
- Karutta Gulika(pills) – useful when applied to the forehead with castor for severe headache caused by excessive heat or overwork.
- Krimighna Vatika(pills) – useful for parasite infestation.
- Mahadhanwantaram Gulika(tablets) - also known as Garbharakshini, useful for pregnancy to prevent abortion and other troubles connected with it, produces safe delivery in natural time. It has an effect on vata disorders like difficulty breathing, cough, spasm, etc.
- Manasamitra Vatakam(tablets) – useful for psychiatric conditions, speech problems. Balances all three dosas, especially pitta. There are many scientific articles written on this herbal remedy to prove its efficacy as a neuroprotective medicine. These tablets can improve brain function, memory, and concentration in children and in people with diseases like autism, depression, manic symptoms, and schizophrenia.
- Nirgundyadi Gulika(pills) – useful for convulsion, cough, fever, etc. of children.
- Sukhabedi Gulika(pills) – useful laxative, to be taken at bedtime with warm water.
- Valiya Marma Gulika(pills) – useful for disorders of the heart, brain and urinary system. Balances all three dosas, anti-inflammatory, injuries/complications caused by trauma, urinary bladder dysfunction, and enlarged prostate.
- Vilwadi Gulika(pills) – useful for diarrhea, indigestion, vomiting, mild fever, dyspepsia, poison, increases appetite, and malabsorption syndrome.
- Yogaraja Guggulu Vatika (tablets) – useful for anti-aging, analgesic, carminative, anti-inflammatory, increases digestion, strength, and immunity, vata related imbalances that affecting the bones, joints and marrow, bloating, infected wounds, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, splenomegaly, abdominal tumors, and worm infestation.
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Kottakkal Ayurveda products and this information is not intended for use in the diagnosis, treatment, cure or prevention of any disease. If you have serious, acute or chronic health problems, please consult a trained health professional. If you are seeking the medical advice of a trained Ayurvedic practitioner or doctor, call (800) 215-9934 or email us at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with one of our affiliated Ayurvedic professionals. Check with your doctor before taking herbs when pregnant or nursing.