- Sitting at a desk all day – stagnates the lower abdomen
- Staying up too late – disrupts the natural cycle
- Sleeping during the day – disrupts the natural cycle
- Leaving too early for work – disrupts or delays the natural urge
- Exercising too early – disrupts or delays the natural urge
- Foods that are cold, dry, uncooked, dense – mechanically slow to digest
If you experience chronic constipation, we recommended consulting an Ayurvedic Doctor or Practitioner to evaluate the cause and dosa/s involved. There are herbal products to help.
- Hingwadi Gulika – supports dyspepsia, gastritis, acidity, and abdominal colic.
- Sukhabedi Gulika - useful for constipation, irritable bowel, indigestion.
- Dantiharithaki Leham - effective for purgation, nausea, indigestion, constipation, liver, and spleen disorders.
- Sukumara Leham effective for chronic constipation, menstrual disorders, peptic acid disease, abnormal growths, ovarian cysts, fibroids, PCOS, endometriosis, and hernia.
- Punarnava Manduram (Leham) - supports anemia and generalized edema.
- Dasamulapanchakoladi Kashayam – useful for constipation, ascites, chronic liver diseases.
- Kalyana Ksharam - useful for constipation, abdominal pain - To be taken under Medical Supervision.
- Gandharvahastadi Oil - herbal castor oil is taken orally to support chronic constipation, pain associated with abdominal cramps, bloating, an effective anulomana, and seasonal panchakarma. Also effective for relieving body pain and menstrual pain related to vata dosha.
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Kottakkal Ayurveda products and this information is not intended for use in the diagnosis, treatment, cure or prevention of any disease. If you have serious, acute or chronic health problems, please consult a trained health professional. If you are seeking the medical advice of a trained Ayurvedic practitioner or doctor, call (800) 215-9934 or email us at mailto:email@example.com and we will provide you with one of our affiliated Ayurvedic professionals. Check with your doctor before taking herbs when pregnant or nursing.