Ayurvedic Prenatal and Postpartum Care
Ayurveda is becoming very popular for both prenatal and postpartum care. Many women are seeking out Ayurveda to support their journey from pregnancy to motherhood. Ayurveda offers a well-developed health plan for both prenatal and postpartum care known as Garbhini Paricharya.
Ayurveda offers specific recommendations from preconception to postpartum. Every step of the way there are foods and lifestyle recommendations to follow. The goal is for both mother and baby to experience the best health possible.
During labor and delivery, a mother’s body undergoes great exhaustion and emotional vulnerability. The key to rejuvenation begins from the very first day. Mom and baby need to feel nourished, safe, and able to rest in a quiet space where they can bond. This ensures the healthiest outcome for both mother and baby.
Ayurveda recommends specific products to ensure the healthiest outcome for both mother and baby.
Products Useful for Pre-natal
- Mahadhanwantaram gulika – very useful in pregnancy to produce a safe delivery and prevent miscarriage. Helps vata related disorders, wheezing, coughing, acid reflux, nausea, and gastric discomfort.
- Bhadradi kwatham – useful during pregnancy care for anemia, abdominal colic, constipation, dysuria, and disorders related to vata and pitta.
- Sukhaprasavada Ghritam - facilitates normal labor (used in the third trimester of pregnancy.
Product Useful for Post-partum
- Dhanwantaram Kwatham- useful in post-natal care, anxiety, mental stress, gas trouble, fever, pelvic inflammatory diseases, urinary obstruction, and, hernia.
- Dhanwantaram Oil– useful in mothers' and infants’ post-delivery massage, balances vata, and kapha.
- Maha Bala oil – useful for postnatal care, infertility, emaciation, bone fractures, asthma, seizure disorders.
- Jiraka Arishtam– supports digestion, lactation, and involution of the uterus, specifically for postpartum.
More Useful Products
- Leutab - a unique herbal combination having anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, relieves vaginal infection, and itching associated with leucorrhoea provides anti-oxidant, immunomodulatory, and hematinic properties.
- Vidaryadi Ghritam – supports immunity, post-partum, emaciation, respiratory disorders, tuberculosis, asthma, bronchitis, and chronic cough.