Arishtams for Winter
Arishtams are herbal formulas fermented with jaggery, sugar, or honey. The fermentation generates 5 – 10% alcohol, which acts as a medium for extracting deeper qualities from the herbs. They are a perfect choice for winter as they warm digestion and provide many healing benefits.
- Pleasant tasting due to sugar content
- Improves digestion
- Aids elimination of ama (toxins)
- Increases the absorption of nutrients
Please view all twenty-six of our Arishtams Here.
Some of Our Popular Arishtams
- Aragwadha Arishtam is beneficial for healing skin disorders such as eczema and psoriasis. It is a purifying tonic that detoxifies the body, especially the blood. It also helps to improve digestion by acting as a mild laxative to promote clear, healthy skin. It balances all three dosas, especially pitta.
- Aravinda Asavam is beneficial for children's health disorders. It improves digestion and supports strength and healthy body weight in children. It helps the treatment of Graha dosa (psychological problems in children) such as crying without reason and throwing tantrums. This asavam balances all three dosas, especially kapha and vata.
- Ashwagandha Arishtam is used to heal reproductive disorders, relieve depression, and reverse muscular weakness. It strengthens nerves and muscles and remedies premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction. It balances all three dosas, especially vata and pitta.
- Ayaskriti Arishtam is used to heal anemia and skin diseases and support healthy weight loss. This formula acts as a hematinic and is useful for iron deficiency. It balances all three dosas, especially pitta and kapha.
- Kumarya Asavam is used to remedy adverse symptoms of menopause, anemia, and liver disorders. This formula balances pitta and rakta.
- Loha Asavam is beneficial for anemia and related liver disorders.
- Arjuna Arishtam (Parthadya Arishtam) is used to support the healing of diabetes, leukoderma, and skin disorders. This herbal remedy also improves heart function and reduces high blood pressure. It balances all three dosas, especially pitta.
- Pippalya Asavam is used to heal anorexia, digestive disorders, liver disorders, and hemorrhoids. It can also remedy tuberculosis by building up body mass and physical strength. It balances all three dosas, especially vata and kapha.
- Sudarsana Asavam is useful for all types of chronic fevers. Aids liver and spleen function and balances all three dosas.
- Vasakadya Arishtam is useful for healing asthma and bronchitis. It's a natural bronchodilator and anti-asthmatic remedy. It soothes general inflammation and balances vata, kapha, and rakta.
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Kottakkal Ayurveda products and this information is not intended for use in the diagnosis, treatment, cure or prevention of any disease. If you have serious, acute or chronic health problems, please consult a trained health professional. If you are seeking the medical advice of a trained Ayurvedic practitioner or doctor, call (800) 215-9934 or email us at mailto:email@example.com and we will provide you with one of our affiliated Ayurvedic professionals. Check with your doctor before taking herbs when pregnant or nursing.