AYUSH India - Boosting Immunity with Ayurveda
The guidelines laid by the Ministry of AYUSH, India are based on Ayurveda. It is the science of life propagating the gifts of nature in maintaining a healthy and happy life. Below mentioned are the guidelines for preventive health measures and boosting immunity with special reference to respiratory health.
- Drink warm water the whole day.
- Practice Yogasana, Pranayama, and meditation for at least 30 minutes every day.
- Add spices like Turmeric, Cumin, Coriander, and Garlic while cooking your food to keep your immune system healthy.
With the help of Ayurvedic Measures
- Take 1 tbsp Chyavanprash 10gm every day in the morning. If you are diabetic, then take sugar-free Chyavanprash every day.
- Drink herbal tea twice a day having a combination of Basil (Tulsi), Cinnamon, Black pepper, Dry Ginger, and Raisin. Add jaggery or sugar and fresh lemon juice as per your taste.
- Add half teaspoon turmeric powder in 150 ml hot milk. Drink this 'Golden Milk' once or twice a day.
- Apply sesame oil, coconut oil, or Ghee in both the nostrils (Pratimarsh Nasya) every day in the morning and evening.
- Take 1 tbsp sesame or coconut oil in the mouth. Do not drink, Swish in the mouth for 2 to 3 minutes and spit it off followed by a warm water rinse. This process can be done once or twice a day.
Ayurvedic remedies during dry cough / sore throat
- Practice steam inhalation with fresh Mint leaves or Ajwain (Caraway seeds) once in a day.
- Clove powder mixed with natural sugar/honey can be taken 2-3 times a day in case of cough or throat irritation.
Kottakkal Products adds to AYUSH recommendations:
- For Steam inhalation AVS product namely Nostricap Inhalant Capsule can be added in hot water.
- Instead of using sesame or coconut oil for swish in the mouth, AVS oil namely Arimedadi or Valiya Arimedas oil can be used.
- If Chyavanprash is not available then Brahma Rasayanam can very well be consumed. The 4 main ingredients namely Saccharum officinarum, Honey, Ghritam & Sesame Tailam are the same.
- We suggest AVS Anu tailam 10 ml bottle for nasyam which has a purification and rejuvenating effect in place of simple sesame oil, coconut oil, or Ghee. This product is prepared with Sesame oil but 26 different herbals are also added to it.
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Kottakkal Ayurveda products and this information is not intended for use in the diagnosis, treatment, cure or prevention of any disease. If you have serious, acute or chronic health problems, please consult a trained health professional. If you are seeking the medical advice of a trained Ayurvedic practitioner or doctor, call (800) 215-9934 or email us at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with one of our affiliated Ayurvedic professionals. Check with your doctor before taking herbs when pregnant or nursing.