Enjoy this delicious recipe anytime of the year! It's a gentle dish good for most Doshas in moderation and can be made in a flash. It pairs well with any vegetables and legumes.
Our lemon rice dish serves two with these measurements. Reduce or increase as needed for the number of people.
- ¾ cup basmati rice
- 1½ cups water (or as needed)
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of black mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons of ghee
- Rinse rice and add to boiling water. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate pan, heat mustard seeds in ghee until they start popping and release their delicious, subtle smell. Then remove from heat.
- Let mustard seeds cool and then add lemon juice, salt and turmeric.
- When rice is finished cooking, add the spice mixture and mix well.
- Let it sit for five minutes and then serve!