Symptoms of Indigestion:
- Stuffy nose
- Acid reflux
- Feeling groggy after waking up
This recipe serves 4. Preparation time is only about 15 - 20 minutes.
- 1 cup white basmati rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon mineral salt
- 1/2 tablespoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated turmeric
- Heat the ghee lightly in a pressure cooker or medium sized pot
- Add the salt and spices and sauté until it is sizzling slightly
- Add the rice and stir until it is evenly coated in the ghee and spices
- Then add the water
- If you are using a pressure cooker, bring it to pressure and cook for 15 minutes. If you are using a pot, bring it to a high boil and then cover it. Bring it down to a light boil for around 20 minutes, or until the rice is soft.
- Let it cool and enjoy!
If your agni, or digestive fire, is weak and you're experiencing indigestion, rejuvenate by simplifying your diet with kunyi and getting plenty of rest. Kunyi will easily supply nutrients to your body while your agni heals and strengthens!
For more diet and lifestyle tips, please contact us and we will refer you to one of our experienced affiliated Ayurvedic practitioners and doctors!
You may also be interested in these articles...