If you're planning for a new baby or recently had one, the postpartum time is incredibly important to your own well-being as well as your ability to care for your child.
Proper postpartum care is a critical step for all new mothers, as it sets the stage for lifetime health and well-being. During this time, a woman’s body is adjusting to multiple physical, social, and psychological changes as she begins to recover from childbirth while feeding and caring for her newborn.
Although this is a great time for joy and excitement, the weeks following childbirth present many challenges. A lack of sleep, physical and mental fatigue, body pain, and breastfeeding difficulties become may become overwhelming.
Many new mothers forego personal self-care to keep up with everything else. Ayurveda has long appreciated the importance of supporting mothers during this, particularly vulnerable time.
Support for Postpartum Care
- Panchakola Churnam – supports low appetite, bloating, indigestion.
- Jiraka Arishtam – helps with postnatal care, chronic bronchitis, hiccough, and consumption.
- Abhaya Arishtam – used for hemorrhoids, bloating, constipation, difficulty in urinating.
- Dhanwantaram Oil - supports pre/postnatal care, neuromuscular and skeletal pain of vata origin.
- Eladi Sesame Skin Oil - improves complexion, allergic pruritis, balances vata, and kapha.
- Kshirabala Oil - used for neuromuscular pain and inflammation, balances vata and pitta.
- Maha Bala Oil - supports postpartum care, improves strength and fertility.
- Lakshadi Oil - promotes growth in infants and children.
Strength and Vitality:
- Chyavanaprasam – supports immunity, urinary disorders, memory, anxiety, menstruation, and fertility.
- Dasamula Arishtam – used as a general health tonic, supports post-delivery care of new mothers.
- Dhanwantaram Kwatham – used during pregnancy and postpartum.
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Kottakkal Ayurveda products and this information is not intended for use in the diagnosis, treatment, cure or prevention of any disease. If you have serious, acute or chronic health problems, please consult a trained health professional. If you are seeking the medical advice of a trained Ayurvedic practitioner or doctor, call (800) 215-9934 or email us at mailto:email@example.com and we will provide you with one of our affiliated Ayurvedic professionals. Check with your doctor before taking herbs when pregnant or nursing.