Turmeric Pickle Recipe
This is a tasty recipe made from raw turmeric root and is very healthy. Turmeric is said to cure the whole person and is useful for digestive complaints, liver and blood disorders, fevers, sore throat, respiratory congestion, and overall anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial.
Turmeric Pickle is used as a condiment alongside many grain, legume or vegetable dishes.
Ingredients:• 1 cup fresh turmeric roots
• 3 Tbs. of Coconut or Olive oil
• 1 tsp Black Mustard Seed (less for pitta)
• ½ tsp Hing (less for pitta)
• 1 teaspoon Masala Pickle
• ½ tsp Pink Salt
Preparation:1. Wash and dry the roots, then peel and chop very finely.
2. Heat the oil on medium, then add mustard seeds and hing and stir until seeds pop.
3. Once cool, pour over the chopped turmeric.
4. Add the masala pickle and pink salt and stir everything well.
5. Seal in an airtight container and refrigerate up to one month.
• Taste is pungent, bitter, astringent
• Qualities are heating, drying, absorbent
• Good for all doshas (smaller amounts for pitta)
• Digestion – improves digestion, relieves gas and bloating
• Immunity – anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial
• Respiratory – dries the mucous from sinuses and throat
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Kottakkal Ayurveda products and this information is not intended for use in the diagnosis, treatment, cure or prevention of any disease. If you have serious, acute or chronic health problems, please consult a trained health professional. If you are seeking the medical advice of a trained Ayurvedic practitioner or doctor, call (800) 215-9934 or email us at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with one of our affiliated Ayurvedic professionals. Check with your doctor before taking herbs when pregnant or nursing.