AYURVEDA IS THE SCIENCE OF BUILDING
OJAS AND STRONG IMMUNITY
What is Ojas?
Ojas is an essential substance formed through the digestive process. It is the pure essence or nectar formed within our bodies from the digestive process. We are also born with a given amount of ojas from our parents. Ojas is our strength, vitality, and vigor, it is also our immunity.
Ojas forms through a complex digestive process which encompasses seven layers of tissue known as dhātus. The seven dhātus loosely translate as lymph, blood, muscle, fat, bone, nerve, and reproductive. During digestion, a small amount of nutrients nourishes each of the seven dhātus. When digestion is healthy so are the dhātus and therefore ojas becomes stronger. Ojas is also known as the pure form of kapha and also described as strength, vitality, and vigor.
What are the First Steps Toward Building Ojas?
Eating seasonally fresh organic foods combined with healthy digestion is how you build strong ojas. As bees selectively collect nectar from various fruits and flowers, we too should collect and consume quality nutritious foods.
If you have weak digestion and experience gas, bloating, acidity, loose stool, constipation, abdominal pain, etc. this is your signal the foods you are eating are not for you. It is recommended to consider eating only foods that help you feel better. If you have trouble knowing which foods are best, then an Ayurvedic Consultation can help improve your digestion and therefore build ojas.
Kottakkal Products to Improve Digestion
- Abhaya Arishtam - useful for indigestion, constipation, and hemorrhoids.
- Pippalya Asavam – helps to improve digestion and appetite, IBS (Irritable bowel syndrome), mal-absorption syndrome, abdominal tumors, hemorrhoids, digestive and liver disorders. Balances all three doshas.
- Hinguvachadi Churnam – supports indigestion, bloating, loss of appetite, chronic diarrhea, and abdominal pain. Balances vata and kapha.
- Triphaladi Churnam - balances kapha and pitta, a powerful source of antioxidants, cleanses and tones the digestive system. Its cleansing properties help to improve eyesight, skin, and taste.
- Talisapatradi Vatakam - useful in anorexia, indigestion, gastrointestinal disorders including irritable bowel syndrome and respiratory ailments.
- Suranadi Ghritam - useful for improving digestion, hemorrhoids, etc.
- Amritotharam Kashayam – useful for promoting laxative effect and promoting digestion.
- Chiruvilvadi Kashayam – improves gastric disorders, especially with gas.
- Hingutriguna Leham – useful for stomach ache, constipation, etc.
- Trivril Leham – useful for constipation.
- Vilwadi Leham –useful in loss of appetite, gastrointestinal disorders, acid peptic disease, vomiting, etc.
All views and information shared here are only for the sharing of Ayurvedic knowledge. Please do not try or prescribe or take any of the remedies and suggestions here without talking to your regular, qualified doctor. Kottakkal Ayurveda and no other person associated with Kottakkal is responsible for unwanted side-effects or contraindications in your health.